dogblog

Sunday, June 12, 2005

I can stand the rain!!

We can all stand the rain. It started raining on Friday, then all night, all Saturday and all that night too. The Labradors were at first bemused by the rain : they hadn't seen it for so long, but yesterday the went for a lovely walk in the rain. The ran in all the puddles, smelled all the rain-enhanced smells and generally had an excellent adventure. They came home smelling like wet woolly sheep. They smelled like my school blazer in the rain when I was young. It was woollen too.
They had been in the rain again all afternoon when I was out. Harki even wanted to play for hours in the pouring rain. The Labradors are wet weather dogs. They like Winter much more than Summer. They still swim!!!
Harki doesn't want any of her toys. Last night she wanted to play at about 10pm and we went outside and found a tennis ball stick toy. It wasn't the one, but I don't know what the one is. I will have to go and buy her 10 new toys. Peri lost one squeaky toy at the dam. It was bright orange, but she still managed to lose it.

This morning Peri has been defending the house against something. She has been busy running about, from the back gate to the front window - totally cute and totally unscary too. Harki has been hanging around for more food. I did give her some baby spinach which is not full of any calories at all.

1 Comments:

At 8:45 pm, Blogger Rosie said...

I just adore reading about the antics that Harki and Peri get up to. Who needs entertainment with these two are about!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home