dogblog

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Sunny days sweeping the chills away!!!

The Labradors have been very well. We have been for two icy walks. Yesterday it was exceedingly chilly, but they had not a care ion the world : they ran and chased and breathed dragon’s breath for 25 minutes. I went out twice and accidentally left the hall door open. It leads, funnily enough, to the hall, filled with bookcases and craft things, the main bedroom, the bathroom and spare room. Previous puppies have been know to dig a hole in the bed, so I was a bit worried that there might be a hole in the new mattress, but no!! When I arrived home there were no Labradors. There were no Labradors when the security lights went on. No Labradors as the back door opened and then a thump and the sound of running paws as they came through the hall door!!! They had pushed the doona up to the pillow end and made a nest, and had been fast asleep. They were all warm and had just-woken-up faces. Today we are not setting foot outside the back gate. I am quite tired and so they didn’t manage to get me out of bed till just before The Insiders at 9 am. There was much leaping about and playing on the bed and in the end I gave up!! They are waiting to be fed, but I had to cook their food this morning. They have been sunbaking on the deck as it is lovely and warm today thus far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home