dogblog

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Dog days.....

The Labradors really are cold weather dogs. They revel in the cold. This is not to say they are not soaking up every available ray of sun : sun bathing and finding puddles of warmth inside, no, they love the icy grass under their feet, they don’t fear the chilly wind or the nip in the air. They run about sniffing all the cold smells at the dam, they are invigorated. It has been icy for two days in a row. The ice is thick on the car and it was –1C. I like it being –1 more than 1, as 1 is colder. It has something to do with the sun coming up….
I have bought a lovely throw with 2 Labradors on it. I am wearing it as a wrap!!! The Labradors like it too, only because I do I think.
Peri has been very bad and when given the opportunity to eat one of my shoes, she took it. Luckily it was one of my least favourite green shoes but I am still mourning. She hasn’t eaten a shoe for ages. I think she is protesting the fact that I have been out, or the weather has made her naughty.
They are resolutely on their diet and will have to be weighed again in a few weeks. Peri had a letter from the Vet yesterday to say she needs her annual check up and vaccination. The letter always comes redolent with Vetty scents……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home