dogblog

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Gould Gould Gould for Harki!!!!!!

Saturday, 29 January 2005 ( I wrote this yesterday but didn't come here till today!!!)
Harki is the new Shane Gould!!!!! Today at the dam she swam, out into the water, past the fallen log and way away out to fetch a stick. I was so pleased she was patted and praised and rewarded 1000 times!!! She was so pleased with herself that she was wagging her tail as she swam. She and Peri even cavorted in the shallows, splashing and running after a stick. I think Peri was a little bemused as, up till now, swimming has been solely her province. We spent 28 minutes on our walk, the longest ever, and I am not exhausted, only because I stood and threw sticks for two dogs endlessly rather than doing any actual walking myself.
Peri has discovered how to get the best out of Mr Cool. She places herself on the very end of the bed, right in the breeze and then soaks it all up, like the Andes she blocks all the cold air!! I have to stick a leg out the side to get any coolness at all. She was particularly happy last night as I put ice into Mr Cooly so he was Mr Cold-as-icy. At least a good proper swim cools the Labradors right down, Maybe that is why Harki has decided to swim? Don’t care really!!!!!
Uncle Mark and Aunty Di have given the Labradors a flotsam and jetsam tennis ball each. Harki is holding hers in her mouth and wagging her tail. Peri was initially excited but as she can have the attention span of a tree sometimes, who knows where the ball is now?????




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home