dogblog

Monday, August 01, 2005

Don't know why there's no Sun up in the sky.....

Stormy weather, something that the Labradors can't abide. We went for a walk on Thursday and it had been raining, but the weather seemed to have cleared. Half way through the walk the rain began to pelt down hard and the wind blew like a hurricane. Dead bits of trees fell on the path and the Labradors took one look ahead and when I said "Do you want to go home?" they ran back along the path at full speed. The rain was so hard that it hurt when you walked into it, and I was so wet I got straight into the shower when I got home. It is no use trying to dry the Labradors as they hate the hair dryer. Earlier in the week Peri rolled in something very smelly. Usually it dries and you can brush her clean, but this was made of sterner stuff, and I had to wash parts of her at bedtime and then dry her. The hair dryer scared the willies out of her. Even on the low speed she developed a hunted look and tried to hide behind the toilet. She looked at me as if I was trying to do something terrible. In the end I just sprinkled her with bicarb soda and then brushed her clean.
This week they got new toys and Harki has taught Peri that if it is a stuffed toy, your first duty is to pull all the stuffing out. The lounge room looked like a snow storm!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home